Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice.
You can cook Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice
- It’s 1 cup of Quinoa.
- You need 1 cup of wild rice.
- You need 4 cup of boiling water.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 can of 15 oz. Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 each of onion, chopped small.
- Prepare 1/2 each of Green pepper chopped small.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced jalepeno, reserve juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of black pepper.
Spanish Quinoa and Wild rice step by step
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to boil, add wild rice boil for 2 mins, reduce to simmer and cover for 45 mins. Drain remaining water..
- In another pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add minced garlic and quinoa, brown for 2 mins and add 2 cups water. Boil for 1 minute and reduce to simmer and cover for 15 mins or until most of water has absorbed.
- Chop onion, green pepper and jalapeño small.
- Add tomato sauce, green pepper,onion,jalepeno, spices, wild rice and 3 tablespoons jalapeño juice to quinoa. Mix well cover and simmer 10 mins or until most of liqued is absorbed..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!