Kayla's Spanish rice.
You can have Kayla's Spanish rice using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kayla's Spanish rice
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of Very large tomato or 2 medium.
- It’s 4 of or more tablespoons evoo.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Hand full cilantro.
- You need 1 table spoon of fresh basil.or about a teaspoon dried.
- You need 1 tsp of or to taste cumin.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of You can toss in a chopped and seeded jalapeño pepper or add a dash of cayenne for spice optional.
Kayla's Spanish rice step by step
- In a pan on medium heat pour about 1 or 2 tablespoons of evoo.
- When the pan is heated a bit pop in your tomato or tomatoes and cook all around until it's well roasted.
- When the tomato is done your can put it in a dish and cover it with foil or plastic wrap for a few minutes while you Sautee you're garlic and onion.
- When Your Onion Is Translucent And Garlic Is Soft Peel Your Tomato *We Dont want The skins, And Plop Your Tomato In With Your Garlic And onion.
- Mush up your tomato as much as you can some small chunks are fine.
- Add in your spices and let simmer on low.
- In a separate pan heat remaining evoo on medium and add your one cup of rice *I used short grain but long works fine.
- Toast your rice in the evoo for a few minutes until it's starts turning a bit golden..add your chicken stock.
- Add your tomato mixture to rice.
- Stir everything well put a lid on it and simmer until rice is done.
- Once rice is done remove lid and stir let cook until liquid is absorbed..adjust seasoning to taste.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!