Spanish ham Croquetas. Learn how to make delicious Spanish croquettes with serrano ham. This is recipe for making amazing Spanish Ham Croquettes, also known as Croqetas de Jamon. These little bites of heaven are probably one of the most famous.
So, feel free to substitute any cooked ham you may have leftover from dinner or you grab. When they think of Spanish food, most people immediately think of tapas. And perhaps the most popular and delicious of all the tapas dishes is the ham croquetas (or ham croquettes). You can have Spanish ham Croquetas using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish ham Croquetas
- It’s of thick bechamel sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter or margerine.
- It’s 100 grams of plain flour (or as much as the butter absorbs).
- You need 1/2 liter of milk.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour dissolved in some milk.
- You need of breading.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
- You need 100 grams of dried fine breadcrumbs.
A typically Spanish snack that makes great party food. Well worth the effort, these crisp, golden brown bites have a creamy Ibérico ham and Ham croquetas. Spanish Jamón Croquetas are creamy, decadent ham-infused crunch balls. Croquetas or Croquettes were seen as the height of sophistication and culinary daring.
Spanish ham Croquetas step by step
- Melt butter in a fryingpan.
- Add flour while on a low heat. Quantities are approximate as I add as much as the butter absorbs. When the mixture stops sticking to the pan I consider it ready as for bechamel sauce but I add a bit more flour to make sure is thick enough to shape the croquetas..
- Add the milk slowly specially at the beggining making sure it doesn't clump. Stir well.
- Add a pinch of salt and the dissolved cornflour dissolved in some milk. Let the sauce bubble a bit while it thickens.
- Add ham. (or your desired filling. My mum used to use chicken meat. I use serrano ham, crabmeat…) and mix.
- Let mixture cool in the fridge for a couple of hours until you're ready to shape croquetas.
- Prepare 1 bowl with breadcrumbs 1 bowl with beaten egg and two spoons to start shaping mixture.
- With the two spoons shape a bullet of the mixture.
- Pass bullet shapes of bechamel mix to beaten egg bowl. Máx three at a time.
- Coat them after with breadcrumbs.
- They are ready to deep fry in plenty hot oil. Or to freeze as I do for later use.
Every Spanish household has its own special recipe for making these mouth-watering snacks and will claim that theirs is the best. Today, we show you how to make classic Spanish ham croquettes. Spanish ham croquettes originate in France but are perfected in Spain. These croquetas are lightly breaded, bechamel rolls that are fried until golden. They are made with Jamón Serrano but you can.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!