Brazilian coxhinas. Coxinha (Portuguese: [koˈʃĩjɐ], little [chicken] thigh) is a popular food in Brazil consisting of chopped or shredded chicken meat, covered in dough, molded into a shape resembling a teardrop, battered and fried. Click Play to See This Coxinha (Brazilian Chicken Croquettes) Recipe Come Together. "The instructions for the coxinhas were very good, and the recipe worked well. These savoury chicken croquettes are a favourite snack in Brazil.
Coxinhas are a popular finger food in Brazil – shredded chicken, olives, and parsley are covered in dough Coxinhas (Brazilian Chicken Croquettes). Brazilian Chicken Croquettes (Coxinha). featured in Brilliant Chicken Dishes From Around The World. Coxinha ("little thigh") is one of the most famous savory snacks in Brazil and indispensable to any party. You can have Brazilian coxhinas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brazilian coxhinas
- It’s 4 of chicken thighs.
- It’s 500 g of potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of hot sauce.
- You need 100 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 100 g of breadcrumbs.
- You need of Oil for deep fat fryer.
- Prepare Handful of chopped parsley.
Each bar and each family has its own recipe. Coxinha (a.k.a. "coxinha de frango" co-SHEEN-ya dee FRAHN-goo, or "coxinha de galinha" co-SHEEN-ya dee ga-LEEN-ya) is a popular Brazilian street. Download stock pictures of Brazilian coxinha on Depositphotos Photo stock for commercial use – millions of high-quality, royalty-free photos & images. Your Brazilian Coxinha stock images are ready.
Brazilian coxhinas step by step
- Pull the chicken off the bone and cut it into strips and chunks. Chop the onion finely, peel and chop the potatoes into chunks..
- Boil a pan of water with a little salt and poach the strips of chicken for about 10 mins. Take the pan off the heat and leave the chicken for about 10 minutes in the hot water. Take the chicken out and set aside but keep the water for the potatoes..
- Boil the water again then add the potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are nice and fluffy. Drain them, season them and mash them..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and cook till soft..
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, potatoes and onion and add in the hot sauce. Season the mixture to taste..
- Make as many palm-sized balls as you can with the mixture (should be about 12 but don’t worry if there are more or fewer).
- Put 3 plates in a row. Tip the flour into one, the egg into the next and the breadcrumbs into the last one. Take one ball at a time and roll it first in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge..
- Heat the oil in the the deep fat fryer (you can also use a saucepan if you don’t have a DFF) and wait until it’s hot enough to brown some breadcrumbs within 20 seconds. Fry the balls in batches for about 4 mins each until the breadcrumbs go golden. Scatter over the parsley and serve with a sauce of your choice..
Download all free or royalty-free photos and images. Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights. Bread the coxinhas by first dipping each pouch briefly in the egg and milk mixture, and then. Pull the chicken off the bone and cut it into strips and chunks. Coxinhas over salsa is a great concept that I had never thought of before.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!