Wagyu Italian Sausage Risotto with Fresh Herbs.
You can cook Wagyu Italian Sausage Risotto with Fresh Herbs using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wagyu Italian Sausage Risotto with Fresh Herbs
- Prepare 1 PACKAGE of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Hot Italian Sausage (removed from casings).
- It’s 1 of Large Shallot (small diced).
- It’s 1 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- You need 3 TBSP of Butter.
- It’s 8 OZ of White Wine (divided) (chef used Pinot Grigio).
- You need 4 CUP of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 2 CUP of Arborio Rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 TSP of Lemon Zest.
- Prepare 1 CUP of Parmesan Cheese (grated).
- You need 1/4 CUP of Parsley (leaves only, minced).
- Prepare 1/4 CUP of Scallions (minced).
- You need 1/4 CUP of Fresh Basil (chiffonade).
- You need of Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season).
Wagyu Italian Sausage Risotto with Fresh Herbs instructions
- PREPARING THE FULLBLOOD WAGYU HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND SHALLOTSRemove the casings from the Italian sausage. Set the sausage on a plate.Heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat, and add in the grapeseed oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the Fullblood Wagyu sausage, and sear. In a medium size sauce pan, heat up the chicken stock (while you’re cooking the sausage in the other pan)..
- Use a wooden spoon break up the Fullblood Wagyu hot Italian sausage into small pieces. In the pan with the sausage, add in the diced shallots. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the shallots are translucent. Add in 4 ounces of the white wine (reserve the remaining 4 ounces of wine for later), and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Once the wine is evaporated, remove the sausage pieces and shallots from the pan. Reserve..
- PREPARING THE RISOTTOPut the (now empty) pan back on medium heat, and add the butter. Allow it to melt.Add in the Arborio rice, and toast the rice for 3-4 minutes while stirring continually with a wooden spoon.Once the rice smells slightly toasted, add in the second 4 ounces of wine. Cook the rice while using a wooden spoon to stir the rice the entire time. Begin adding a ladle of chicken stock (about a 1/2 cup at a time) to the rice..
- Stir constantly to allow each addition of chick-en stock to be absorbed before adding the next ladle of stock. Once the rice doubles in size, start checking for doneness. Cook the rice until it is tender but still slightly toothy or chewy. This usually takes around 20 minutes. Note: You may not use all of the chicken stock..
- FINAL STEPS Remove from heat, and fold in the previously cooked Fullblood Wagyu hot Italian sausage and shallots.Add the grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest.Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold in the minced parsley, scallions, and fresh basil. Serve immediately.Enjoy!.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!