Dollar Store Spanish Rice.
You can cook Dollar Store Spanish Rice using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dollar Store Spanish Rice
- You need 2 cups of white long grain rice, rinsed.
- You need 4 of cubes/4 tablespoons chicken bouillon, in 4 cups water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lime juice, or juice of 2 limes + zest.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried onion flakes.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can Rotel diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (12.5 oz) of can chunk chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Dollar Store Spanish Rice instructions
- Melt butter in a high sided pan or Dutch oven. On medium heat, toast rinsed rice in melted butter..
- Add tomato paste and lime juice to toasted rice and stir to incorporate. Add chicken broth made with chicken bouillon (canned chicken stock also works) and stir rice again..
- Add onion flakes, salt and pepper, cumin, garlic, and paprika to rice in stock. Cover rice in stock and simmer, stirring occassionally..
- When rice has started to absorb cooking liquid, add can if drained Rotel tomatoes and chilis. Stir to incorporate and cover to cook..
- When rice is nearly cooked throughout, add canned chicken, breaking up large chunks with spoon. Stir to incorporate and cover to cook..
- Remove rice from heat when it has absorbed all of the cooking liquid. Add cheese, leaving some for topping. Stir to incorporate. Add one last handful of cheese to the top, and replace lid to melt it. Enjoy as a meal itself, or as a side dish to your favorite tex-mex entree..
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!