Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew.
You can cook Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew
- It’s 1.5 lbs of stewing beef, diced.
- It’s 3 of celery ribs, diced.
- Prepare 2 of medium/large carrots, diced.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 230 g of cremini mushrooms, cut into quarters.
- Prepare 1 can of cannellini beans, drained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of flour or corn starch.
- You need 1 of large can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Parsley, chopped (garnish, optional).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew instructions
- In a dutch oven or pot, heat oil and brown beef..
- Once beef has been browned, add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Add your tomato paste and stir together. Then add your flour or corn starch and your herbs, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add your red wine and cook all together until the wine has reduced to about half. Add your canned tomato, and beef stock. Stir and place lid on pot and let simmer on low for about 2 hr or until the beef is super tender and "shreds" when pulled with fork..
- In the last 45 min add your mushrooms and your canned beans. Stir and let cook for remaining 45 min. (Remember this is a thick stew, there's not supposed to be a ton of liquid).
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!