Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti. Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs is the best ultimate vegan comfort food! Plus, this recipe is easy enough for a busy weeknight and is a family favorite! It's easily customizable and comes together quick enough for a busy weeknight meal!
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area. Thick, rich, meaty sauce loaded with the flavors of Italy! I finally wrote it down as I went along! You can have Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti
- Prepare 3 of medium zucchini squash peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of sprouted lentils cooked/drained according to package.
- Prepare of I medium fresh tomato chopped.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce (your favorite).
- Prepare 2 tbs of chopped garlic.
- It’s to taste of Italian seasoning dried.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/pepper.
- It’s to taste of Dried Red chili pepper.
- It’s of I pkg spaghetti noodles cooked, drained, tossed in 1 tbs olive oil.
Serve over hot, cooked and well drained spaghetti, thin spaghetti. Spaghetti How To Cook Pasta Alla Norma Cooking Recipes Recipetin Eats Main Dishes Italian Pasta Breakfast Recipes Easy Food Dishes. This vegan recipe is comforting, hearty, gluten-free, and easy to prepare! #vegansoup #thaicoconutsoup #tomkhagai #thaisoup #veganthaisoup #elasrecipes. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti instructions
- Olive oil in oversized deep skillet or Dutch oven pot on medium heat. Add all veggies above and garlic. Sauté for about 8-10 min on medium heat..
- I personally cook my noodles at the same time so they are piping hot. I like to add a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to water. (Like 1 tbs to water as it’s coming to boil)..
- After veggies are sautéed until slightly tender, add your favorite jar sauce. Add cooked lentils. Simmer 8-10 min on low heat. TIP: I keep lentils whole but you can crush/mash them if you want more of a ground beef or meat texture to the sauce. Add seasonings mentioned at this step!.
- Sometimes I also cook the lentils directly in the sauce for 6-8 minutes. If you choose that option just put 1/2 cup of water or red wine in sauce to simmer lentils if your sauce is too thick. The easy method is to cook in advance and just add to sauce above as mentioned. :-).
- Final step is to serve the sauce over your hot pasta! TIP: You can add crushed cashews tossed in olive oil and garlic salt w/ Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast for garnish for the Parmesan cheese yummy effect! I mix the ingredients together in food processor! Depending on how hard core your vegan lifestyle. Enjoy!.
Back in my pre-vegan days, my go-to easy but "fancy" meal was spaghetti! In fact, this was such the go-to meal that I had the fam complaining one night about "spaghetti again?!?" This Italian vegan garbanzo bean soup is perfect for chilly fall days. This easy Jamaican gungo peas soup by Michelle from Healthier Steps is super hearty and perfect for colder months. It's packed with gungo peas, yellow yam, carrot, and dumplings. Hearty vegan stew Italian style featuring gnocchi dumplings, meaty jackfruit, peas and carrots in a thick red wine gravy.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!