Brazilian potato salad. Brazilian potato salad recipe from my mom's personal recipe book. Yes, this is a family recipe, so feel special! This classic potato salad recipe is creamy, fun to make (and to eat), and tastes nicely salty.
Brazilian potato salad, is a mayonnaise-base potato salad, that we call maionese de batata in Portuguese. It's one of the side dishes you will certainly find at a Brazilian barbecue party. In this week's episode we're taking you back to Brazil for another delicious recipe. You can cook Brazilian potato salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brazilian potato salad
- Prepare 250 gm of potatoes boiled,peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- It’s Handful of boiled green peas.
- You need 1-2 of carrots cut and boiled.
- You need 1 of big onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green coriander/parsley and mint leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
This brazilian potato salad recipe is delicious and easy to make! During the time that I spent living in Brazil I grew a great love for the Brazilian people, culture, and especially the food! In this week's episode we're taking you back to Brazil for another delicious recipe – Potato Salad or in Portuguese, Maionese de Batata. But potatoes really shine in this Brazilian potato salad.
Brazilian potato salad step by step
- Take mayonnaise in a big bowl. Add onions, garlic, coriander and mint, salt, pepper powder, vinegar and lime juice to it..
- Now add potatoes, peas and carrots to this mayonnaise mixture..
- Keep it refrigerated for 1-2 hours..
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and mint leaves..
- Seve chilled with your choice of grilled bread. Enjoy!!.
- Happy cooking and happy eating. 😊.
They're charred first to give a smokey flavour, then tossed with apple and carrot, as well as bursts of flavour from peas and corn. Brazilian potato salad recipe by Rachael Lane – Place the potatoes and carrots in separate saucepans. Cover with cold water and season with salt. This is what Brazilians call their potato salad and it is absolutely delicious! It's so good I have to be careful I don't eat it all by myself!
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!