Chocolate and olive oil cake recipe. Two weeks from today, my second cookbook, Smitten Kitchen A year or so ago, I got really obsessed with the idea of making a chocolate olive oil cake for fall. Why is it a fall and not a spring or summer cake? Although I first came up with this recipe because I had someone coming for supper who – genuinely – couldn't eat wheat or dairy, it is so meltingly good, I now make it all the time for those whose life and diet are not so unfairly constrained, myself included.
The ultimate chocolate cake recipe for dark chocolate lovers, this olive oil cake is deeply chocolatey & light! This olive oil cake is the perfect treat for dark chocolate lovers. It's not too sweet, deeply chocolatey, and delicious with a dollop of cardamom cream. You can have Chocolate and olive oil cake recipe using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate and olive oil cake recipe
- Prepare 120 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s of Strawberries.
- It’s 140 g of whole cane sugar.
- Prepare 25 g of vanilla-flavoured sugar.
- You need 200 g of flour.
- You need 80 g of ground hazelnuts.
- It’s 100 g of walnuts, halved.
- You need 100 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- It’s 250 ml of very cold whipping cream.
- Prepare 200 g of icing sugar.
- It’s 2 of piping bags.
- Prepare 2 of piping nozzles, nos. 3 and 12.
Full of rich, deeply chocolate flavor, you'd never guess it's the olive oil that gives this cake such moistness and character. You can use a stencil design to dust the cake with confectioners' sugar, or if you have a favorite. So I did this gluten-free recipe for him. Chocolate and olive oil make surprisingly great bedfellows in this ultra-moist and easy chocolate cake recipe by Diana Henry.
Chocolate and olive oil cake recipe step by step
- First things first, preheat the oven to 180ºC with both top and bottom heat..
- Start beating the eggs with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, the cane sugar and the vanilla-flavoured sugar..
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder a couple of times..
- Next, add the ground hazelnuts, walnuts and pinch of salt to the flour mixture. Add this mixture to the eggs and sugar and gently fold..
- Grease a cake tin with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and pour in the cake batter..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
- Leave to cool and then serve!.
Recipe by Diana Henry; photograph by William Lingwood; food preparation and styling by Jack Sargeson; table styling by Alexander Breeze; wine recommendations. These Mini Flourless Chocolate Olive Oil Cakes are do delicious and decadent, you might be surprised to see healthy ingredients in the recipe. They're gluten-free (thanks to the almond flour!) and made with olive oil instead of butter. This ultra-moist chocolate cake is deep and rich in flavor and best served with whipped cream and toasted hazelnuts. Add the olive oil, eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!