Spanish potato omelette. There's nothing too fancy about this rustic Spanish style omelet, just lots of hearty goodness from crispy fried potatoes and onions. Tasty food recipes for begginers. cooking videos for dinner. how to make simple snacks for begginers. With a ham and cheese filling.
Spanish Omelette With Crispy Chorizo. peeled potatoes, sliced thinly into circles,•white onion, sliced finely,•eggs, beaten,•garlic, sliced finely,•dried parsley,•good quality extra virgin olive oil. Spanish omelette is a classic Spanish dish that you can find ready made in any decent supermarket. What is in a traditional Spanish omelette? You can cook Spanish potato omelette using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish potato omelette
- You need 500 g of potatoes.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 500 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
- You need 1/2 of onion (optional).
Eggs, potatoes, salt and onion (optional). Folks, we´re talking a Spanish Potato Omelette with Spinach & Manchego Cheese. This promises to be, the most flavor-packed Spanish tortilla you will ever taste. This Spanish tortilla is made with basic.
Spanish potato omelette step by step
- Wash and cut the potatoes into very thin slices..
- Dice the onion (if you don’t like onion, you can skip this step and leave onion out of the recipe altogether)..
- Mix the potatoes and onion together with a bit of salt..
- Heat a good amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a pan and, once hot, add the potatoes and onions. Fry them on a high heat for few minutes, then lower the temperature. Stir occasionally so that the potatoes don’t stick. Once the potatoes have taken on a golden-brown colour, remove the pan from the heat and drain the mixture..
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the eggs to the potatoes and onion and mix well..
- Heat two small tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a pan and add the egg, potato and onion mixture. As before, cook on a high heat for a few minutes, then lower the temperature right down so that the inside of the omelette can cook..
- When the omelette has finished cooking on one side, flip it over using a flat plate so that you can cook the other side..
- Put another two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in the pan and then return the omelette to the pan to fry the other side..
- When the omelette is golden brown on both sides, remove it from the heat. Now it's ready to eat! .
- You could serve it with a delicious mayonnaise and a little mustard. If you want to give your omelette an original and tasty touch, try adding a tablespoon of caramelized onion when beating the egg..
- And if you want the middle of your omelette to be creamier, try frying a few thin slices of courgette with the potatoes. You’ll really notice a difference! We recommend you serve this recipe with Fruits of the Forest Pudding which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain..
Eggs, potatoes, and onions are the main stars of this dish and combined together they result in something crazy delicious! Tortilla española is a Spanish omelette made of egg, potato, and onion cooked in olive oil. Pay attention to technique to perfect this classic recipe. This Spanish omelette recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food.
I love to cook. Everything looks delicious!!!